We are thrilled that you have chosen to register your child(ren) in a Boothbay Sea and Science Center summer program!
To make things run as smoothly as possible, below please find information that will help you to complete the registration process. Also included is a list of items your child will need each day, parking information, and helpful links.
There are four medical forms that must be completed no less than two (2) weeks before your child(ren)’s first day. They are:
- The BSSC Medical Form (filled online in your Active Camps account).
- A current vaccination record (get from your physician and then upload online in your Active Camps account).
- A physical examination done within one (1) year of your child’s program start date (get from your physician and then upload online in your Active Camps account).
We require your child to have full immunizations and vaccinations as recommended by the CDC. See our immunizations and vaccinations policy for more information.
Your child will not be allowed to attend unless all medical forms are complete.
Every day please pack hearty morning and afternoon snacks and lunch for your child.
Friday Family Cookouts
Friday Family Cookouts are on hold until further notice.
Equipment and Supplies
It is very important that your child(ren) arrive every day at the Center on time and with the clothing and supplies they will need for a fun and safe experience. These are:
- Mask (optional);
- Bathing suit;
- Closed toed water shoes;
- Closed toed shoes;
- Full water bottle;
- Change of clothes;
- Snacks (2);
- Sunscreen lotion (no spray please);
Note: We ask that you write your child’s name on all items of clothing, backpacks, lunch containers, water bottle and lifejacket.
Offsite transportation schedule
Due to limited parking at our new home, youth requiring transportation attending summer programs will travel to and from 12 Carter Road in East Boothbay from an offsite location (more information to follow) on a van/bus provided by BSSC. Dropoff and pickup will be as assigned. Assignments will be made prior to your child’s first day in their program.
Below are some links to information that you will find helpful during this process
- Login to my Active Camps account
- CDC information regarding COVID-19 and children
- CDC recommended immunization schedule
- Maine law regarding immunization
- Information regarding ticks and children
- Frequently Asked Questions