YOU MAKE A DIFFERENCE … because of you no child is left sitting on the dock.
BSSC is a community sea and science program providing boating, sailing and ocean science experiential learning activities to Maine and summering youth grades K -12.
The mission of the BSSC is to inspire individuals to strengthen themselves and their community through the enjoyment of the sea.
- US$ 305.00 (full day program with lunch) – enables 1 student to attend one full week of summer boating, sailing and science programs.
- US$ 610.00 (full day with lunch) – enables 1 student to attend two consecutive weeks of summer boating, sailing and science programs.
- build self-esteem and confidence by providing waterfront access and instruction in sailing and boating for all, without regard to financial situation.
- open windows onto career opportunities in the fields of Marine Science, Maritime Engineering, and Environmental Studies by leveraging the region’s countless businesses and non-profit organizations.
- encourage the responsible use and long term stewardship of the ocean and its resources by cultivating a greater understanding and appreciation of the coastal environment.
- foster the preservation of our maritime heritage by teaching traditional skills and promoting multiple aspects of the working waterfront.
Why make a donation?
- Everyone deserves a chance to experience and enjoy the water, regardless of financial means or physical proximity to a harbor, and that increasing these opportunities for more citizens will strengthen our community.
- Providing a welcoming and thrilling environment in which to learn allows participants to truly test themselves as they venture outside of their comfort zones. Self-confidence is earned, camaraderie is built and personal empowerment is fostered.
- Connecting academics and sailing through hands-on learning experiences engages youth and enhances career opportunities while developing ocean literacy.
BSSC is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization and all donations are tax deductible.