The safety of all participants at the Boothbay Sea and Science Centers is of the utmost importance.
- All participants must pass a swim test at the Center. Previous participation in a basic swimming or water safety course is encouraged, but not required: all participants will learn and practice basic water safety during the program.
- All participants must wear life jackets at all times on the docks, shoreside and in the boats.
- There will be absolutely no running or “horsing around” on the premises or aboard boats.
- VHF radios will be carried on all boats at all times.
- All participants will learn how to use and communicate-ship to shore- on a VHF radio.