Updated April 15, 2021
Boothbay Sea and Science Center is implementing a number of COVID-related requirements for everyone attending its programs in 2021. Please review them carefully.
Regulations around this pandemic change frequently and may not be reflected here. Please note that more restrictive State of Maine guidelines will supersede any requirements listed here.
Note: Visitors from some states may be exempted from these restrictions. To see a list of exempted states, please follow this link.
For our participants who will be traveling here from outside the State of Maine:
If you will be traveling to Maine from outside the state and wish your child to participate in a BSSC program, you MUST meet ONE of the following criteria:
- All members of your family have received a negative COVID-19 test from a specimen taken no longer than 72 hours prior to your arrival to forgo the 10 day quarantine upon arrival in Maine.
- All members of your family have quarantined for 10 days in Maine prior to the start of your child’s BSSC program.
Out of state families will also be required to submit a signed Maine Certificate of Compliance attesting to this.
For participants prior to their session
All families must monitor their child for symptoms of COVID-19 daily starting fourteen (14) days prior to their program using the COVID-19 Screening tool. You may click here to download and print the tool.
For participants during their session
- Parents or Guardians are required to take their child’s temperature daily prior to arrival at the Center. If their temperature is 100.4 degrees or over, the child should not come to the BSSC and should notify the Executive Director immediately.
- All adults accompanying children to the Center must arrive wearing a face covering. While at the Center, participants must wear face coverings at all times with the exception of snack-time and lunchtime.
- If a child feels sick during their program, parents or guardians will be immediately notified and the child will be removed from the program area. There will be no reimbursement of fees for any absence from any portion of the program.
- If a participant has had a documented case of COVID-19, they will need a note from their doctor indicating they are cleared to participate in their program.
- Prior to the child’s first day, all waivers must be completed and all participants must, at all time, adhere to social distancing, mask wearing, and handwashing guidelines.
- Participants will be required to bring their own snacks, lunch (if applicable) and equipment (see below). Sharing will not be allowed. Equipment that participants should bring includes:
- Mask (CDC face covering guidelines here);
- Bathing suit;
- Closed toed water shoes;
- Closed toed shoes;
- Full water bottle;
- Change of clothes;
- Snacks (2);
- Lunch (if applicable)
- Sunscreen lotion (no spray please);
Supplies such as paper, pens, pencils, and markers, will be provided by BSSC and will become the sole property of the participant.