Please note: The Financial Assistance Request Form MUST be submitted and approved before registering for a session.
All applicants for Financial Assistance should complete this form and return it together with the parent and student letter and a description of the desired Program to the Boothbay Sea and Science Center (BSSC). To be given preference, Applications must be submitted by June 1. To apply for Financial Assistance, BSSC requires the following:
- Application: Complete the application below including the parent and student statements;
- Interview: Applicants and parents may be interviewed as part of the application process. In the event that this is deemed necessary, the BSSC President will call to schedule an appointment with the parents and applicant.
- Student Highlights Letter: If your student receives Financial Assistance, BSSC asks for the student, at the end of the session, to provide a letter describing the student’s favorite parts of the program and what they learned. These letters make it possible to provide Financial Assistance in the future.
- Family Contribution: We ask that all Financial Assistance recipient families commit to volunteering at BSSC to support our programs
* indicates required fields
A principal goal of the BSSC Financial Assistance Program is to provide access to Marine Science and Sailing programs to participants who otherwise are unable to afford the programs. BSSC reviews Financial Assistance requests on a case by case basis and reserves the right to award Financial Assistance based on its sole discretion. Depending upon available funds and space, BSSC will attempt to ensure that all students who desire to participate in the Marine Science or Sailing programs are able to do so, regardless of financial circumstances.